SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS IN RESPECT OF DONATIONS IN KIND:
- Donations in kind (such as food and toiletries) is not encouraged, but if there are donors that arrive unannounced donations will be received at the entrance of a facility.
- Donations of 2nd-hand goods will not be accepted until further notice.
- Donors will not be given access to the premises and donations must be left at the entrances to our facilities or at the door of our donation store at Langlaagte.
- The donor must please leave a delivery note, describing the donation and listing items. We need contact details on the note so that we can acknowledge receipt of the donation. That is your name, a cell phone number and an e-mail address.
- Please follow up with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received a thank-you letter and receipt within 30 days of delivery of the donation.
We have to avoid unnecessary contact, but must remain accountable to you, our donor.
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
A number of the fundraising events that we relied on were cancelled or postponed. These include:
- The Two Oceans marathon
- A mother’s day function
- Golden Oldies Rugby festival to celebrate 67minutes of Playing4Hope on Mandela Day
At risk are:
- Turkey Festival Potjie competition
- Our annual golf day
- Comrades marathon
- MTN Walk the Talk with 702
- Stars for Charity
- Super Sub Soccer Tournament
As you cannot come here to volunteer, our children need your support now more than ever. Please consider becoming a volunteer fundraiser or take part in a virtual event from wherever you are. Here are a few suggestions on how you can still give hope to our children from a distance.
Please be aware not entertain “skelms and fraudsters”, that tell you they are raising funds on our behalf!!! Call Hilda (Marketing Manager) on 082 894 2458 to confirm the legitimacy of any campaign before you donate or support it.
Make a donation: We still need to feed our children and give them the love and care they need during this time. Thank you, we will appreciate any support!
Please visit our social media pages to keep updated with what our children have been up to during Lockdown.